Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Nov 3 Practicum Blog
1. Law with Mr. Fister
I went to sit in a Law 12 class in the first block.
- Showed video of a court trial and analyse the case
- Bonus given to students who made the right verdict and sentence length (within 3 years, plus or minus)
2. Meeting with Ms. Hui
Went over my lesson plan and lesson notes for the class I'm going to teach on Thursday.
Some of the feedback I received:
- Provide more visual aids
- Think of possible places where students might get stuck and address them in lesson planning
- other general comments about the format and elaborateness.
3. Math 9 Class with Ms. Hui
This is the class I will be teaching on Thursday.
- Interesting to see that Ms. Hui sat at the back and stayed there the whole class. She used a touchscreen tablet to write notes and project onto the board.
4. Meet up with staff
- Chat with Mr. Sheardown about math contests and how I could get involved. He provided me with booklets of problems
- Chat with a TTOC in the library.
- Learned that the term "TOC" is actually incorrect according to the new collective bargaining agreement.
- David Thompson has a great collection of Jackdaws
- Touched base with Ms. Hui
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment