Saturday, November 14, 2015

Nov 13

1. Prep for my lesson in the afternoon & talked with a math and compsci TTOC in the school

2. Taught Mr.Weingarten's math 8 class.
- I enjoyed teaching the class
- Students were very nice and active
- It was tougher to get them on track during the homework session.  This is something I need to work on, also classroom management in general

3. Observed Mr. Knight's Computer Programming class
- Mr. Knight told me about how the course has evolved throughout the years he's been teaching, and the different languages, teaching styles, assessing strategies he has experimented with.
- Overall, the course is more project-based, and students set their own learning goals for the year.  A lot of freedom! It would be a class I would love to take if it was available in my high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment